I have been nominated for two awards (Sunshine Blog Award and Reality Award) by the wonderful Danny Breslin! It is refreshing to have another writer appreciate my random and fleeting posts. I’ll try harder to get some more poetry up soon. I understand I have to answer some questions? Here you go:
Sunshine Blog Award
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? Socrates, I think.
2. What is your favourite number? There are a lot of numbers I see all over the place that sometimes I think is a sign, but I’m probably just being paranoid. I see the numbers 5 and 17 in any different sequence and I also see the number 63 everywhere. I don’t know if I have a favorite number or if those are numbers that haunt me…
3. What is your favourite animal? I love all animals. I really like cats and I like animals that do their own thing and don’t get all up in my business. So dogs annoy me a bit. I also really like giraffes and elephants because they’re so large and awkward.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter links? Hmm… I have both—but this is a dilemma I’m that I’m not sure I am ready to face yet… the dilemma being that I might still want to separate poetmagic from my real life. Real life me is kind of angsty and irritating on twitter and facebook. I like to appear intelligent on my blog. Most of my family and friends don’t know I have a blog!
5. What is your favourite time of day? I am a night owl. I love to stay up late, but then I get mad at myself for staying up so late and I’m unable to get out of bed before 11 the next morning…oh, the life of a writer. I need a job.
6. What is your favourite holiday? The fourth of July is great because it involves drinking and explosives, which are arguably some of the greatest inventions on earth.
7. What is your favourite physical activity? I like roller blading in the summer. That’s fun.
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? COFFEE. DIET COKE. [caffeine]
9. What is your favourite flower? Irises or bleeding hearts
10. What is your passion? Writing, academia, Harry Potter, finding the silver lining, making as many friends as I can…
Reality Blog Award
1. If you could change one thing, what would you change? The hippy in me just wants everyone to get along. So I’ll pull a Miss America answer: “world peace!!”
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be? Probably high school. I was so quiet and angry. But then again, high school sucked so I don’t think I would put myself through that again. I’m pretty content with my age right now though. I’m at that point where I’m still young, but in about 3 years I’ll be old and saggy.
3. What one thing really scares you? Roller coasters. Those fuckers are terrifying. I will cry if you place me on one.
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? I want to write a book, but I’ll have to finish grad school first. I also want to be a professor. I’m not sure I’ll have the drive to get my PhD. We shall see.
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? Hmmm. I like being me. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have the opposite interests and life experiences. Does that count as an answer?
I would like to nominate a couple different blogs that always challenge me to think both as a writer and as a person. And they’re creative in some way. Creativity is important. Those blogs are: